Procrastination Nation

All University work has been told to briefly blog off, while I sit with a coffee in a gap between a meeting and a lecture, all else on the back burner and momentarily join The Procrastination Nation. 

With how busy third year has been, questions on how best to spend my time have been a constant resident of my brain, with trying to stay away from the title of this blog being a real daily struggle!

William Penn once said “time is what we want most, but what we use worst”, and this quote has defined my life over the past few weeks. I would gratefully take on an extra hour every day but in all honesty, would I use those extra hours or would they just be spent dilly dallying?

As a University student, The Procrastination Nation is a movement I embrace, along with what would seem the whole of the student cohort. I sit at my desk, fully prepared to smash out an assignment but then end up spending the next 3 hours doing anything but typing!
I end up changing music playlists, completing petty pointless chores, endlessly refilling and refueling with coffee.

I try to give my time to God, with James 4:14 saying “yet you do not know what tomorrow will bring. What is your life? For you are a mist that appears for a little time and then vanishes”. Now you may not believe in God like me, but I would imagine that you can agree that time really is precious and the impact our time can have is incredible.

So I will leave it here with a few questions for us to mull over... 
- What do we end up spending our time on? - Are our priorities in the right places?

Back to the busyness; it is time to leave The Procrastination Nation... for now. 

TTFN - Ben.

Comments

Popular Posts